(My) 10 Best Korn Songs!




Hello everyone! How are you doing?

Quick note about my week:
I've been busy because I had some things to do and the big news is that I finally have my driver's licence! Yeeey, I'm super happy, honestly. It's finally over.

So, this week I wanted to write about music. I've talked about Korn before and they are one of my favorite bands of all time since I was little. They have such great lyrics with deep meanings that I want to share with you.

Also, before reading this post I recommend you to also read my first post about Korn. Click here to know more about the band!
I hope you like this post. If you do, please tell me in the comments bellow!

Let's get started!


In 1994 Korn took everyone by surprise when their self-titled debut album came out. The band had a different sound from the usual metal bands. The message they transmitted was powerful, raw and truthful. 

The singer Jonathan Davis burst into the world with his unique voice, full of anger. Kids at that time wanted that difference in music, so Korn's style took over the crowd and they nailed it.


I decided to pick my favorite songs from them, but it's a tough choice. I know all of their albums, and each one of them has a different style, but they all share the same thing: strong songs. So strong that make you think about them over and over again.
I spent some days during this week searching, listening and choosing the ones that I really love. I will also do a list of my honorable mentions in which I will present some other songs. 
The list could go on and on, but I tried my best!



10) Clown 

From: 'Korn' (1994)

This song talks about bullies, and references Jonathan's past experiences with this type of situation.
This song, comparing to Korn's most recent work is way more simple. It has their own personal touch: heavy riffs, harsh vocals and weird noises on the background.
It's amazing.



9) Love and Meth
From: 'The Paradigm Shift' (2013)

In 2013 Korn launched another great album after a long time and the result was great. The music style was extremely connected with their roots. During this period, Jonathan had some problems and was struggling due to anxiety and other things, so this might also be a representation of what he felt during that time.  I love this song, that's it.


'

8) Dead Bodies Everywhere
From: 'Follow The Leader' (1998)

This song is so amazing. I love the bass, the guitar, the drums, the vocals... 
I guess I'm going to be repetitive in all my songs opinion because I can't say one single bad thing about Korn. The 90's Korn had a very Nu Metal type of vibe. You can listen to most of their albums since 1994 until 2005 and see that reference.



7) Freak On a Leash
From: 'Follow The Leader' (1998)

Jonathan's vocals in this song are amazing. I love the lyrics because I've always had problems during my life that I din't understand that well, and I felt so bad and sad because of them. Life was and sometimes it's still something that I don't fully understand and this song talks about that and helped me understand certain feelings inside of me.


 "Sometimes I cannot take this place
Sometimes it's my life I can't taste
Sometimes I cannot feel my face
You'll never see me fall from grace
Something takes a part of me
You and I were meant to be
A cheap fuck for me to lay
Something takes a part of me"
(...)

6) Blind
From: 'Korn' (1994)

This song, according to Metalsucks.com was considered as "The greatest seven-string guitar song of all time". This song also talks about some wars we have inside our head and sometimes we are blind and we don't find a way out. Our self-esteem is low, we need to break free from certain things. Don't you agree?


"Deeper and deeper and deeper as I dream to

Live a life that seems to be

A lost reality

That can never find a way to reach my inner...
...self-esteem is low.
How deep can I go
in the ground that I lay?
If I don't find a way
to see through the gray that clouds my mind.
This time I look to see what's between the lines!
I can't see, I can't see, I'm going blind..."
(...)



5) Falling Away From Me
From: 'Issues' (1999)

I don't know how many times I've listened to this song! It's so good... And for me it has a lot of meaning. This song talks about physical pain, suffering and also talks about getting tired of our own life. This song and the video of the song shows that we can change things around us. 
Give it a try and tell me what you think!


"Hey I'm feeling tired

My time is gone today

You flirt with suicide

Sometimes that's ok

Hear what others say

I'm here standing hollow
Falling away from me
Falling away from me
Day is here fading
That's when I would say
I flirt with suicide
Sometimes kill the pain
I can always say
'It's gonna be better tomorrow'
Falling away from me
Falling away from me"
(...)




4) Make Me Bad
From: 'Issues' (1999)

This song still has that 90's vibe that I love. I've spend a lot of times during my teenage years listening to this one. It's pretty amazing and has some awesome vocals.
Fun fact, this was the first album that I listened when I discovered Korn. I also have a huge poster from the album cover to this day.



3) Take Me
From: 'The Serenity Of Suffering' (2016)


Take Me is one of the songs that I love the most on Korn's latest album. I love that fact that it has a strong message. My interpretation of this song is that sometimes people don't feel worth it. Sometimes we feel that the other person with whom we share a life with makes us feel bad, or sad. We feel trapped inside a bad relationship and every time we try to run we can't.


"You came after me

I'm not worth anything if I'm not inside you

Only you can truly see

All the hell you put me through and the vicious feeding

Can't really be free
'Cause every time I run away you hunt me down
I can't ever blame me
'Cause every time I turn around it's you, you, you, it's you"




2) Tearjerker
From: 'See You On The Other Side' (2005)

This song is very special to me for some reasons. I love the lyrics because I truly identify with them and also because I listen this song along with my sister. It's a sad song but it calms me down when I start to feel trapped inside my own mind. 
I also love this album and I highly recommend you to listen to it.

I'll let the lyrics of this amazing song in here:

"Well I wish there was someone
Well I wish there was someone
To love me

When I used to be someone
And I knew there was someone
That loved me

As I sit here frozen alone 
Even ghosts get tired and go home 
As they crawl back under the stars 

And I wish there was something 
Please tell me there's something better 
And I wish there was something more than this 

Saturated loneliness 

And I wish I could feel it 
And I wish I could steal it 
Abduct it, corrupt it, but I never can 
It's just saturated loneliness 

Does the silence get lonely? 
Does the silence get lonely? 
Who knows? 

I've been hearing it tell me 
I've been hearing it tell me
Go home 

Cause the freaks are playing tonight 
They packed up and turned out the lights

And I wish there was something
Please tell me there's something better
And I wish there was something more than this
Saturated loneliness

And I wish I could feel it
And I wish I could steal it
Abduct it, corrupt it, but I never can
It's just saturated loneliness

And the bath waters cold 
And this life's getting old 

And I wish I could feel it
And I wish I could feel it
And I wish I could steal it 
Abduct it, corrupt it 

And I wish I could feel it 
And I wish I could steal it 
And I wish I could feel it 
Abduct it, corrupt it 
But I never can 

I never can 
Never can, never can, never can"




1) Lullaby For A Sadist
From: 'The Paradigm Shift' (2013)

This song is one of my favorites. It's twisted, insane and at the same time pure.
This song talks about humans and the evil side each and every one of us have. Sometimes we don't show it, but he's here, inside us. 
This song is a reflection of that evil nature and the pain we feel a lot of times in our lives.
I love songs that talk about real things and Korn always does that. 
That's why I love them so much and I hope to always get their message clear.





(Some) Honorable Mentions!

From"The Paradigm Shift"album:


  • Prey For Me
  • Victimized 
  • Mass Hysteria
  • Spike in My Veins
  • Never Never
  • (...)
From the "See You On The Other Side" album:

  • Love Song
  • Twisted Transistor 
  • Coming Undone 
  • Eaten Up Inside 
  • (...)
I have a lot more songs that I love from this band. My list is small, but the quality of their songs is amazing! I recommend that you listen to a lot more of their work.


Do you agree with my list? Tell me in the comments bellow!

And once again, thank you so much for your time and support.
I'll see you on my other post!

XO,
Di.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Review - Seikon no Qwaser

Why I've been gone

Anime Review - Kill la Kill